When it was finally time for them to go to the airport, Luke tried one last-ditch effort to get them to stay longer. "Wait, Samson, I have a surprise for you!" he said.
"What is it?" asked Samson.
"It's...um...a big..." (Luke is clearly grasping at straws here) "...box...for your forks and knives."
Samson was justifiably confused.
Of course this was the first time all three boy-cousins were together and Samson was almost as enthusiastic about Zach as Luke is. Samson is a total joy to be with and we are looking forward to many good times together and lots of lovable three-boy-chaos in the future.
Now if Luke and Zach are feeling a lack of cousin companionship, they only have to wait five more days until we have cousin-o-rama in Seattle with Antonia, Helena, Sam, and Lily. Will baby Zach feel left behind once he realizes how much younger he is than all of the other cousins? Maybe he'll rush to catch up with everyone. Or maybe one of my siblings will have baby #3 to keep Zach company.
I kid, people, I kid!
Also worth noting is that today is Zach's three-month birthday. Does this mean the "fourth trimester" is officially over? Hmmm...I don't think so. Not yet. But we're looking forward to head control sometime in the next few weeks, and then rolling over, and then sitting up...and sooner or later, running down the street. Happy 1/4 birthday, my sweet Baby Z.
No comments:
Post a Comment